sunday post #17


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

A storm front and liberal doses of Sudafed seem to have freed my sinuses from the purgatory they were trapped in for the first part of the week. To celebrate I indulged in some pampering that kept getting put off, like getting my brows shaped and visiting the nail salon. While I like keeping my nails well-groomed, the best part about the salon I visit is the massage chairs! To be honest I kind of think they're better than a regular massage. I'm very loyal to one tech in particular and he's been quite busy the last couple of months, so it was nice that our schedules finally synced up.

Today also marks the halfway point of the local film festival I'm attending. I've seen more successes than duds so far, which is pleasantly surprising. My busiest days will be behind me after the weekend but I will still have several weeknights of movie-going up until the festival wraps on Thursday. This is always a fun time of year, although I do wish it didn't (temporarily) make me feel a little disconnected from my friends on- and off-line.

Lastly, a little spot of blog business. You may notice that my "coming up on the blog" section is smaller this week. After seeing some great discussions in the community about post frequency and battling burnout, I've decided to ease up on my schedule just a touch. Instead of consistently posting 5+ posts each week (the Sunday meme not included) I'm going to test out having 3-4 posts/week instead. I'm also going to work on mixing in more discussion oriented posts throughout the summer. I really value your feedback, so don't hesitate to let me know what you think of the (small) changes!

READING CHALLENGES


Allergies and the film festival cut into my productive reading time this week. I only finished two books, both of which are review copies for June releases. First up was Social Creature by Tara Isabella Burton, a contemporary psychological thriller set in New York City. I think I liked it much more right after finishing it than I do now, a few days later, but it was still a clever twist on the genre and a relatively quick read.

Second was My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, and Brodi Ashton. I got this ARC at TxLA without having read My Lady Jane (and I still haven't) so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Ultimately I was just mostly...bored. The retelling aspect wasn't as creative as I'd hoped and the casual, conversational style got tiring after a while.

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: What Should Be Wild by Julia Fine
Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
Tagged: Anti-Valentines Tag

BOOK HAULS


A very small haul—just an ARC of Damsel by Elana K. Arnold! I'm very, very excited for this fall release so we'll see just how long I can wait before starting it.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
Do you ever tweak your posting frequency? To everyone who suffered from allergies with me this past week, I hope you're feeling much better! Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP