sunday post #15


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

Yesterday I went to the North Texas Teen Book Festival, which was so much bigger and crazier than I expected it to be! A four-story convention center was absolutely packed with attendees. I only got there about halfway through the day for a couple of panels and book signings. If I went next year I would definitely make it an all day commitment because of all the cool sneak peaks and giveaways that publishers do. It was a very smoothly-run event considering all the people; there's a lot of standing in line, but most folks are super sweet and help you pass the time. I also got some books signed by Stephanie Garber and Claire Legrand, which was the perfect cap to a busy afternoon!

Looking forward, things are quiet between now and the film festival in early May. I'm grateful for it too, since I'm usually exhausted by the end of a week-long fest!

READING CHALLENGES


I finished one Edelweiss+ ARC this week for All the Ever Afters: The Untold Story of Cinderella's Stepmother by Danielle Teller. Cinderella is far from my favorite princess but I always love a good re-telling. This one strips away all the fantasy elements of the original story, making it more like a medieval historical fiction novel. Teller gave the stepmother a rich backstory and did a good job showing how the truth can get lost over time.

I also read Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco. Mostly by accident, I got an ARC of Escaping from Houdini at TLA so I moved the previous two books in the series to the top of my reading list. Unfortunately, I really didn't enjoy it. I even gave Hunting Prince Dracula a try since I like vampires, but had to put it down after a few chapters. This series is just not for me!

LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: The Pisces by Melissa Broder
Down the TBR Hole #17
Buddy Read: The Little Friend by Donna Tartt (with Evelina @ AvalinahsBooks!)
Tagged: Sunshine Blogger Award
Book Review: Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall

BOOK HAULS


A small haul again this week! Tempted by a Barnes & Nobel coupon, I finally added a hardcover edition of The Bear and the Nightingale to my shelves. This would have been my only new book for the week if not for spotting a line at NTTBF for ARCs of The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White at just the right moment! I'm really excited to add this to my TBR, especially considering this year marks the 200th anniversary of Frankenstein's publication.

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
What bookish events go on in your area? Do you ever get to participate? Say hello in the comments and I hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP