sunday post #12


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Reviewer. It's a chance to recap posts from the past week and tease upcoming content, as well as share new books, reading challenge progress, and anything else you've come across in the last seven days.

It was a lovely week with all the rain here! I know that as the storms moved further north and east the risk of severe weather increased, so I hope all of you in their path stayed safe and dry. The showers gave me a perfect excuse to curl up on the couch (or dash out to the theater) and catch up on a few movies. I finally saw Black Panther—and loved it! As the MCU has consolidated all of its movies have started feeling homogeneous; when something like Thor: Ragnarok or Black Panther comes along, with a unique design and tone, it's invigorating to watch. Also, all of the women were inspiring. Can we please have a girls-only spin-off yesterday?

This coming week has a little bit of excitement: I'm going to the last day of TLA! Since the convention is right in my backyard this year I couldn't resist going to check it out. Attending the first day was tempting but I'd prefer to avoid the massive crowds. The calmer atmosphere might also make it easier to chat with reps for all the publishers and hear what books they're excited about for the rest of the year!

READING CHALLENGES


I finished March right where I wanted to in terms of ARC progress, and I can't complain about my standing in the Goodreads challenge either. First up this week was Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett. I'm on the street team for this book (which comes out May 15!) and I was delighted to finally read more than an excerpt. While it has some familiar tropes, I really loved the two main characters and the world-building Mindee did, making this one a hit for me.

Next up, and because my giveaway win of Legendary arrived a few days ago, I re-read Stephanie Garber's Caraval before diving in to the sequel. I had forgotten just how discombobulating that entire world could be. Returning to Caraval was a trippy delight and I appreciated the refresher on names, roles, and places before diving into the equally disorienting Legendary. As much as I loved Scarlett, I appreciated how her sister got a chance to shine and drive the sequel's action. Legendary expands on the Caraval mythos in a grand way: this certainly is not a duology! In all it lives up as a worthy sequel to Caraval and an intriguing expansion for a growing series.


LAST WEEK ON THE BLOG
COMING UP ON THE BLOG

Book Review: Fates and Furies by Lauren Groff
Down the TBR Hole #14
Book Review: CIRCE by Madeline Miller
Book Review: Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

BOOK HAULS


A very small haul this week and while my book-hoarding tendencies may weep, my TBR is certainly grateful! First up was some surprise book mail from St. Martin's Press (thank you!) in the form of Rust & Stardust by T. Greenwood. I also got approved on NetGalley for The Trial and Execution of the Traitor George Washington by Charles Rosenberg, which I first requested several months ago. I'm quite excited for both of these titles, which give me some summer reading to look forward to!

AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
How did your week go? Did you haul any exciting books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BACK TO TOP